For this project we were assigned to create our very own unique chess pieces with an assigned piece that we each received. We first narrowed down some theme ideas and eventually made it down to anthropomorphic pun pieces. The piece I made was a spider monkey Rook piece. When first approaching this I wanted to k now what this creature may look like in my head if I wanted it to come out in real life. I’d image a centaur look for it with the monkey half on top and the spider half on the bottom. Before this was established the designs had to messed around with many times before I got to modeling. Taking bits and pieces for each creature it stated to come together.
The challenges I ran into when going about this was keeping a consistent style with the other rook piece and trying to keep things smooth when it came to mixing these two animals. Although 3D modeling may not be my strong suit it was defiantly challenging and I saw some of the improvements I could of made, but over all I am proud of the outcome. Still more work to come from this.